Welcome to Sunshine Coast Breathwork – The most precious gift we can give to ourselves is deep gratitude, love, acceptance & forgiveness. To feel connected to others in the world we must feel connected to ourselves. Through Deeply Healing Conscious Breathwork, you can experience this! It may sound like a cliche’ but Breath is Therapy! One thing I think we can all agree with is, we need to find ways to de-stress and care for our Soul! This type of breathwork allows us to turn inwards and upwards and find inner resources to find peace and connect to that guiding Love that is there for us in such a profound way!
Breathwork has been practiced for thousands of years .
There are many ways to Breathe, this particular way of breathing is lying down and focusing on longer, deeper, inhales with very relaxed exhales, without the pauses at the top or bottom of the breath. Music is also a huge component in this style of Breathwork – the playlists are carefully created for the experience. You may go from “Ordinary States of Consciousness to Non-Ordinary States of Consciousness, this is referred to as “Shamanic Breathwork“. When we go to the “Non-ordinary states of consciousness, our awareness of our deeper selves and our connection to the loving universe becomes more available to us, we can then get answers to challenges in our lives that we may not have access to in “Ordinary States of Consciousness”. Our mind goes from the worries of how we are going to pay our bills etc. to connecting to our higher mind. We all experience this Breathwork in our own unique ways and every session is different, so it is also very exciting – we get to know ourselves in a very deep, expansive, loving way!
Benefits of Conscious, Connected Breathing:
- Reduce Anxiety: Most of us are in constant, low-grade stress and we tend to breathe shallow and quickly. Deep and conscious breathing activates the parasympathetic nervous system, which kicks off the natural relaxation response. This is the exact opposite of a stress response. Breathe slower, deeper, and more consciously to reduce anxiety.
- Increase Clarity and Focus: Slow, conscious breathing fully oxygenates the brain. Try three slow, deep, conscious breaths the next time you are about to make a big decision. Feel the clarity. Notice your ability to focus more intentionally on the subject at hand.
- Repatterning: Through a practice of noticing your breath patterns and, thus, coming back to relaxed circular breathing, you can create new positive pathways in your brain, without effort old negative patterns will release, giving you new perspectives and creativity to apply to your life challenges.
- Feed Healthy Cells: Cancer can’t live… where? The 1931 Nobel Prize in Medicine was awarded to Otto Warburg who discovered that cancer cells cannot thrive in a highly oxygenated environment. A preventative measure? Take deeper breaths.
- Allow Your Skin to Breathe: Long ,deep, conscious breaths stimulate blood flow to the skin for a more radiant and natural glow.
- Promote Digestion: A relaxed body supports proper organ function. We need healthy organ function to support our body’s unmanaged and systematic activities including digestion, elimination, and absorption.
- Eliminate Oxidative Stress: Deliberate breathing delivers more oxygen to your tissues. This increases the amount of oxygen in the body’s tissues and reduces the risk of hundreds of diseases.
- Reduce Cravings: Deep, conscious breathing can avert the need for an outside substance. Next time you reach for the diet soda (or whatever your vice is!), take three conscious breaths and ask yourself if you really want the side effects from it. Feel the empowerment within yourself. Go from substances to substance.
- Lower Blood Pressure: A gentle breathing practice will enable you to fully oxygenate the heart muscle. This reduces heart rate and blood pressure.
- Sleep Sweetly: Deep, conscious breathing is known to stimulate the pineal gland, which is associated with sleep patterns. You may also notice more lucid dreaming, and more restful sleeps.
*Note: I have found incorporating Holy Fire Reiki, Vibrational Shaking & Toning (if appropriate for client), along with activating Thai Massage Meridian Points with the Breathwork, to be highly effective. I meet you where you are, assisting you to form an alliance with your breath, so you do not feel pushed in any way. Gentleness can be so foreign, yet it is so powerful in the breathwork.
ONE-ON-ONE BREATHWORK SESSIONS: Approximately 2 -2.5 hours – $150 including GST