The Healing Benefits of Reiki:
We all have an energy field, when we are born we are extremely connected to that field. Reiki works with that energy field – like an exquisite dance. The infant needs the calming, unconditional presence of their caregivers (attunement), in order to feel safe in the world. If an infant does not receive “attunement” they can become anxious and listless and develop other problems as they get older. Think of Reiki as a way of receiving this “Attunement”. As you well know everyday life brings challenges that can cause our nervous systems to go out of balance, for example car accidents, any kind of trauma, death of a loved one, the list can go on. The Reiki works the same way for these challenges as well.
When receiving a Reiki Treatment, the practitioner goes into an open, meditative state and draws on the wisdom and gentle, yet powerful presence of the Reiki energy and attunes to their client’s nervous system which provides a lovely calming effect.
The word Reiki is made of two Japanese words – Rei, which means “the Wisdom of God or the Higher Power” and Ki, which means “life force energy.” The Reiki system of healing is a technique for transmitting this subtle energy through the hands (activated by the Reiki Symbols) into the human energy system. Reiki restores energy balance and vitality by relieving the physical and emotional effect of unreleased stress. It gently and effectively opens blocked areas of the body and clears the energy bodies, leaving one feeling relaxed and at peace.
For those of you that would like to meditate but find it very difficult, Reiki is an excellent way to get started because it gives you a focus, which is great training for our undisciplined minds.
To learn more about Reiki click here
Lily Peace Massage & Spa Face Care
I am really seeing results now from three new things I have added to my skin/health regime! I am ingesting Collagen in the evenings. Collagen reproduces in our bodies the first 3 hours of sleep, that’s why it is better to take at night! Collagen makes up 75% of our tissue, however it stops reproducing with age, which it why it is so important to supplement. Not only is it amazing for skin, but it reduces and relieves inflammation and pain in the joints and muscles. I am noticing a big decrease in age related dark spots, fine lines as well as less pain in my previously sore leg! I am also putting Retinol (vitamin A) on my skin at night. To learn more about Retinol click here Thirdly, I just brought on a new skincare line that is made locally, it’s vegan and organic, and guess what – it’s affordable! I feel so much better knowing there are no parabens or harsh chemicals going into my skin. To find out more about these products and or learn about my promotions, click here
Here are 13 amazing healing powers of lemons:
1. Bowel-Cleansing: The bitter taste of lemon gives these fruit the ability to increase peristalsis pumping-motion in the bowels which helps to eliminate waste from the bowels and improve regularity. Add the juice of one lemon to warm water and drink first thing in the morning.
2. Cancer: Lemons contain 22 anti-cancer compounds, including limonene a naturally-occurring oil that slows or halts the growth of cancer tumors in animals. Lemons also contain a substance called flavonol glycosides which stop cell division in cancer cells.
3. Colds and Flu: Lemons are rich in vitamin C and flavonoids that work in conjunction for a serious punch against infection.
4. Liver: Fresh lemon juice added to a large glass of water in the morning is a great liver detoxifier.
5. Nutrition: Lemons contain vitamin C, citric acid, flavonoids, B-complex vitamins, calcium, copper, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, and fiber.
6. Balances Body Chemistry: While lemons are acidic they interact with the bodys metabolism to have an alkalizing effect on the bodily fluids helping to restore balance to the bodys pH
7. Allergies: Lemons contain the phytonutrient hesperetin which has been shown in studies to alleviate allergic symptoms.
8. Brain and Nervous System Disorders: Containing the potent phytonutrient tangeretin in the peel, lemons have been proven to be effective for brain disorders like Parkinsons disease.
9. Eye Disorders: Rutin, found in lemons, has been shown in research to improve the symptoms of eye disorders, including diabetic retinopathy.
10. Anti-Viral: In addition to being effective against cold and flu viruses, terpene limonoids found in lemons have proven anti-viral effects on other types of viruses.
11. Diabetes: In addition to improving eye problems linked with diabetes, lemons contain hesperetin which lowers blood sugar levels (when they are high).
12. Gall and Kidney Stones: The citric acid found in lemon juice helps to dissolve gallstones, calcium deposits, and kidney stones.
13. Anti-Aging: The vitamin C found in lemons helps to neutralize free radicals linked to aging and most types of disease.
Hi friends, checkout this link: www.juicing-for-health.com and go to the juicing greens page. Amazing info on why we need to eat so many green and leafy green vegetables.
I bought a juicer last week and i am already noticing the amazing benefits of juicing! I’ve been a sugar addict my whole life and since I’ve been juicing I have not had the need to have white sugar. The pineapple, orange (or grapefruit) and green apple is like drinking a creamsicle, soooooooo delicious! As I write this I am drinking an apple, cucumber, carrot, celery, spinach, kale, beet, lemon and ginger juice and it is really good.
All I can say is if you are having any health issues, go to this website and you will be inspired. Have a healthy, peaceful & abundant day 🙂
Massage is therapy for the soul…..
To kick off the launch of my new Sunshine Coast massage business, I recently sent out a newsletter featuring two special 50% massage offers. (Please click here if you didn’t receive it.)
One of the people who received it was Erin Whalen of Made You Look, a new copywriting and Internet marketing company here on the Sunshine Coast. She gave me some useful feedback on how I might get better results with my massage-based newsletter.
To find out how Erin suggested I might tweak my newsletter to get better results, please click here.
And if you would like to receive a Sunshine Coast massage (Thai Massage or Hot Stone Massage) for 50% off the regular price, please email me to book your appointment.
Massage is Therapy for the Soul
This is the most amazingly cool thing being able to blog, very exciting……endless possibilites….
Gigi Hoeller painted an amazing Lily and called it Peace. She then gave it to me to hang in my new massage studio and it was definitely meant to be there! So her and I are doing trades and thought I’d share her link so you could check out her exquisite art. No to mention that is how Lily Peace Massage came to be and her Lily is now my logo…….
What a peaceful setting for a massage